The Berwyn United Methodist Church food pantry continues its mission to support and uplift the local community. As we reflect on the past month, we're excited to share the incredible impact our food pantry has had on the lives of our neighbors in need.
1. 31 Unique Households: The Berwyn, PA UMC food pantry served 31 distinct households during the past month. Each household represents a unique family or group of individuals facing food insecurity in our community.
2. 52 Total Visits: Over the course of the month, these 31 households made a total of 52 visits to our food pantry. This statistic underscores the ongoing and consistent support that many families rely on to put food on their tables.
3. 102 People Benefited: Among these 31 households, a total of 102 individuals were able to access the essential food resources they needed. This means that more than a hundred of our neighbors had their basic nutritional needs met through the generosity of our community.
4. 13 Minors Supported: Of the 102 individuals served, 13 were minors. Ensuring that children have access to nutritious meals is a top priority for the Berwyn, PA UMC food pantry, and we're proud to play a role in nourishing the future of our community.
5. 66 Seniors Assisted: On the other end of the age spectrum, 66 individuals over the age of 65 were among those who benefited from our food pantry services. Providing assistance to our elderly neighbors is a vital aspect of our mission, as we recognize the unique challenges they face.
6. Welcoming 2 New Households: In the spirit of growth and outreach, our food pantry welcomed two new households during the past month. These additions demonstrate the expanding reach of our services and the increasing trust of the community in our mission.
At Berwyn UMC, we understand that the impact of our food pantry extends far beyond these statistics. Each number represents a story, a family, a life positively affected by the compassion and generosity of our volunteers and donors. We are immensely grateful for the support of our community, which enables us to continue making a meaningful difference in the lives of those facing food insecurity in Berwyn, Pennsylvania.
As we look forward to the coming months, we remain committed to our mission of providing nourishment, hope, and a sense of community to those in need. Together, we can build a stronger, more resilient Berwyn, PA, where no one has to go to bed hungry. Thank you for being a part of our journey to make a positive impact on our neighbors' lives.